Data entry for field records can work independently or in conjunction with a GPS receiver to track planting dates, chemical and fertilizer usage, scale tickets, hybrid/variety location, weather, and more. Viewing the history of past hybrids, chemical applications, tillage practices, and yield is simple and efficient. Large buttons enable easy navigation, and the interface accommodates small screen displays. You can also use GPS for field mapping. Map field boundaries, sampling zones, rocks, pivots, broken drainage tile, no spray zones, and other points of interest. Capture scouting attributes such as weed and insect types, notes, tile diameter, and images from a digital camera. The Farm Works Mobile software is flexible enough to handle soil sampling by grid or by management zones. Use the navigational line to automatically connect the target points in the order they are numbered. Navigate to any point of interest using the compass or a 3D view of the map. The software will connect to single or multi-product variable rate controllers that communicate through a serial cable. All files easily download into the Farm Works office software or convert into an ArcView shapefile for flexible data exchange with other mapping software. The Farm Works Mobile software will also connect to sensors for recording yield, conductivity, light reflectance, as-applied, and other data that can be downloaded in the Farm Works office suite or other third-party desktop software. In addition, the Farm Works Mobile software is Connected Farm™ ready. Install the Farm Works Mobile software on a Connected Farm compatible mobile computer (such as a Trimble Juno® SC or Nomad® 900XE handheld), to wirelessly send and receive data between the office and field. This system not only saves you valuable time from handling data for more than one location, but also improves your computerized field records, maps, and job reporting. Requirements:
- GPS Receiver outputting NMEA data (optional for logging field records)
- Mobile computer installed with Microsoft® Windows Mobile, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- 64MB RAM
- Mobile software license for each mobile computer (contact Farm Works for discounts on multiple licenses of Mobile)
Features: Simple User Interface •Familiar and easy to use Client, Farm, Field, and Job data management. •Customizable text display on screen. •Automatically synchronizes data with Farm Works office software. •Data can be exported in Shapefile format to use with third party applications. Field Records
- Enter field records on the go.
- Data entry for field records can work independently or in conjunction with a GPS receiver to track planting dates, chemical usage, scale tickets, hybrid/variety location, and more.
- View histories of past hybrids, chemical applications, tillage practices, yield and more.
Mapping and Scouting
- Map field boundaries, drainage lines, pivots, ditches, and other points of interest.
- View background maps such as field boundaries, aerial photos, soil types, and yield maps.
- Record scouting attributes such as weed and insect types, notes, tile diameter, and more.
- Capture digital images of pests using mobile devices with built in cameras and GPS, such as a Trimble® Nomad® handheld computer.
- Utilize grids or management zones for soil sampling.
- Use the navigation line to automatically connect the target points in the order they are numbered.
- Navigate to any point of interest using the compass or a 3D view of the map.
Variable Rate Application
- Control one or more products for variable rate application using prescription maps.
- Creates “as-applied” data which can be downloaded into Farm Works office or other third party desktop software.
- Supports external sensors for logging data and variable rate application.